Ishita is an up-and-coming health entrepreneur and a health and human rights advocate. She is currently a Master of Public Health Candidate at Western University in London, Ontario, Canada, where she is specializing in Health Promotion.
- Her accomplishments include:
- Participation in Young Sustainable Impact (YSI) Innovation Program to help address the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Serving as Content Creator and On-Air Reporter at VIBE105.5 FM at York University. She identified relevant and timely health news topics in Toronto and/or Greater Toronto Area.
- Founding MOM’S THE WORD (MTW), a non-profit organization that hosts free prenatal workshops for homeless and low-income pregnant women to fight health illiteracy, maternal poverty, and infant morbidity.
- Among many other awards, she has most recently been named a Johnson and Johnson (J&J) One Young World (OYW) Scholar, and attended the Young World Summit in The Netherlands in October 2018 where she received mentoring from J&J executives and employees.
Ishita has worked in a variety of sectors with individuals who come from different backgrounds and face unique challenges. In all professional interactions, she makes health prevention and promotion a top priority. Moreover, Ishita spreads positive energy to others, all while supporting her community and empowering those who live in it, regardless of their race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Hence, she understands that a strong community is built when all people come together, spending quality time with one another, having shared values, and combining work and play.