Application for Membership
- A not-for-profit, government, academic or for-profit organization desiring membership may submit an application to either the Health Promotion Canada (HPC) Executive Committee or the Health Promotion Ontario (HPO) Executive Committee (for applicants residing in Ontario). The Executive Committee will review the application and grant membership provided the membership requirements as defined below are met.
- If membership is refused, the applicant shall be informed of the reasons and shall have the right to appeal the decision to the HPC Executive Committee or the HPO Executive (for Ontario only).
An Organization Member of Health Promotion Canada must:
- Employ or train individuals in an occupation that practices Health Promotion.
- Supports the Vision, Mission and Values of Health Promotion Canada.
- Have and use a combination of the Health Promoter Competencies to advance health promotion action.
- Have paid in full the membership fee for the current fiscal year.
Please note: Our Organization Membership is currently under development and it is coming soon.