Call for Abstracts
Each year, Health Promotion Ontario (HPO) provides a forum for students, practitioners and researchers to come together and discuss issues and ideas in and around the field of health promotion. This year’s conference will be in celebration of the 30th Anniversary of Health Promotion Ontario.
Come share your experiences, research, initiatives and ideas. This year’s conference theme invites presentations and workshops that:
- Apply our Pan-Canadian Health Promoter Competencies* into action
- Identify challenges, lessons learned and potential solutions for applying Pan-Canadian Health Promoter Competencies effectively
- Provide opportunities for attendees to participate, build skills and network
*These competencies are designed to be relevant to all practitioners whose main role reflects the Ottawa Charter’s strategies and actions. This includes not only those working in public health-related governmental and non-governmental organizations, but also potentially to other health and non-health based organizations, including those that may not identify as a health promoter.
Abstracts must be submitted as an email attachment to email@example.com by 4:30pm on May 31, 2017.
Format needs to include:
- MS Word format, maximum of 500 words
- List of presenters (names, job titles, phone, email)
- Purpose and learning objectives for your presentation
- Funding support (where appropriate)
- Indicate what Pan-Canadian Health Promoter Competencies are most relevant to your abstract
- Type of presentation (60 minute workshop or 15 minute presentation)
Pan-Canadian Health Promoter Competencies
- Health Promotion Knowledge and Skills
- Situational Assessments
- Plan and Evaluate Health Promotion Action
- Policy Development and Advocacy
- Community Mobilization and Building Community Capacity
- Partnership and Collaboration
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
TYPES OF PRESENTATIONS
60 Minute Workshop
Format description: Workshops will be 60 minutes in length including time for discussion and questions, and will allow for a presenter or team of presenters to provide skill development, professional development, or a more in-depth presentation relevant to the research or practice themes. The format must be interactive and allow a significant amount of audience participation.
15 Minute Research Presentation
Format description: A concurrent session will consist of no more than four different concurrent presentations each being 15 minutes maximum. It is recommended that concurrent presentations include a maximum of two presenters, through additional team members may be available to respond. Presentations should focus on the research and practice themes.
DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: May 31, 2017 at 4:30pm submit as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice: You will receive notice of acceptance within 4 weeks of submission.
HPO is unable to cover the costs of registration for presenters. Presenters are required to pay for their own registration for HPO Conference.